Position Title:HIM - Health Information Management ClerkDepartment:Records ManagementJob Description:
The Health Information Management (HIM) Clerk is responsible for retrieving and reconciling medical records and loose documentation from ancillary departments and nursing units.
- Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments through the hospital and reconciles them using MEDITECH compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier.
- Places reconciled records in the designated area for Document Imaging.
- Batches, labels and routes loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to Document Imaging.
- Scans and indexes loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritize them according to policy.
- May perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs) into appropriate systems (HPF/MPF, MEDITECH, Reconciliation Tool) if chart not received/reconciled within established timeframes.
- Processes facility specific HIM mail as applicable.
- May assist with physician questions related to HPF and the physician portal or other issues that may arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: None required. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Experience: None required. 1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in handling of patient health information and / or medical records strongly preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required: None.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt to change in environment, work structure/processes, or requirements positively and proficiently.
- Communications - communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key
stakeholders; able to maintain effectiveness when dealing with difficult situations or
- Customer Focus - ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities; implementing services and practices that meet the customers and organization's needs.
- Initiating Action - takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; responds quickly and
independently, and takes action that goes beyond the job requirements in order to achieve
- Managing Work - effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how
small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being
watchful over a period of time.
- Work Standards - setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and
accountability for successfully completing assignments.
- Computer Proficiency - Must demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and some knowledge of
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.